Wednesday, October 17, 2018

Elderly Emotional Abuse



Photo Credit - Pixabay.com

Abuse of elders can take many forms. There are a number of different types of abuse that happen to older people, the one that has brought me the most stress, as an older person, is family abuse, as a couple in our late seventies, early eighties.
Why is it that your family feel, that it’s time to be put into a rest home. I can understand family advising us, if the situation calls for it, but not this, (do this do that), and when they don’t get their own way, they throw back at you, all the things that we did wrong in bringing them up, words coming out of their mouth that you never thought you would ever hear from them, this is the shocking bit, you never knew they felt this way, but now I know, it brings tears to my eyes every time I think about it.
Where has Family Love gone?
broken hearts, 
elderly emotional abuse 
can be very hurtful, 
we are of sound mind and health 
so such discomfort, 
I thought we had a loving family, 
it rips your heart apart.
May God bless their souls.

The best advice I can give anyone receiving elderly emotional abuse is don’t bother arguing back about it all, just walk away and try to continue on as if nothing happened. I did argue back, memories of this last disagreement is eating me away, I’m not at peace with myself, this happened nearly three years ago and nothing has changed, the hurt is still there.
Thanks for reading, if you the reader are experiencing problems of elderly abuse please comment, I will reply, I think it helps everyone in these situations to talk about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment