Friday, January 20, 2017

Carpe Diem #1129 - Road to Santiago - Friendship



“Friendship ... cherish your friends, cherish them because they will always be there for you not only in life but also after life …”.

The above quote was copied from “Carpe Diem Haiku Kai. The warmhearted and loving virtual family that have become my friend”.

Now in my late seventies, I still have my husband and family.
As for my friends they have all passed away, one day I will meet up with them again if I go to heaven.

My Tanka - Friendship

friends may come and go
as many years disappear
all the pitfalls have vanished
my real friend are virtual now
making everyday special

6 comments:

  1. A very nice one - so it is nowadays :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Birgitta, times have changed we spend more time on the internet so have less time to get out and make new friends. I should make an effect to met more people my own age, but I need to be with my husband, he doesn't mix with people very well and a whole lot of other problems. Never mind, happy days writing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet poem. It is not always easy to meet like poetic minds in real life:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, Cresside de Nova, I appreciate your comment. That is what I mean about Virtual friends, they make my day, nice meeting you, have a nice day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We moved from our home of 38 years to be near our son. Have made only virtual friends since then.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the visit and comment. Great to have virtual friends but also nice to have a few local friends to talk with too.
    It's not easy to meet other like minded people unless you join a group, but you need to be interested in something and I find being a farmer's wife for so many years that is my only interest, and I'm not ready to join a old peoples club yet, I've got plenty of years to be active, I do a lot of walking, but I understand how you feel. Smiles.

    ReplyDelete