Sunday, January 22, 2017

Carpe Diem #1130 - Road to Santiago - Intuition.



This month we are walking with Chèvrefeuille the road to Santiago de Compostela as we read The Pilgrimage by Paulo Coelho.
Today the word is Intuition the Noun meaning of Intuition is - the ability to understand something instinctively, without the need for conscious reasoning.
In "The Pilgrimage" Paulo learns a beautiful exercise named "the water exercise'. 

The Arousal of Intuition (The Water Exercise):

Make a puddle of water on a smooth, nonabsorbent surface.
 Look into the puddle for a while. 
Then, begin to play with it, without any particular commitment or objective. 
Make designs that mean absolutely nothing. 
Do this exercise for a week, allowing at least ten minutes each time. 
Don’t look for practical results from this exercise; it is simply calling up your intuition, little by little. 
When this intuition begins to manifest itself at other times of the day, always trust in it.

The results of Paulo’s feeling when he does a "water exercise": 

[...] I emptied the remaining water onto the cement and a small puddle formed. 
I did not have any image or shape in mind, and I wasn’t seeking one. 
I swirled my fingers through the cold water, and I experienced the same kind of hypnosis that one feels when staring into the flames of a fire. 
I thought about nothing; 
I was just playing – playing with a puddle of water. 
I made some streaks at the edge of the puddle, and it seemed to become a wet sun, but the streaks quickly rejoined the puddle and disappeared. 
With the palm of my hand, I batted at the center of the puddle; 
the water splashed away, covering the cement with droplets, black stars on a gray background. 
I was completely lost in that absurd exercise, an exercise that had not the slightest purpose but was delightful to do. 
I felt that my mind had stopped working almost completely, a feeling I had previously achieved only after long periods of meditation and relaxation. 
At the same time, something told me that down deep, in places that my mind could not reach, a force was being born and becoming ready to manifest itself. 
That puddle of water established a contact – however fragile – with the Milky Way above me. 
It reflected the stars, created designs I could not understand and it gave me the feeling not that I was wasting time but that I was creating a new code for communicating with the world. 
It was the soul’s secret code – the language that we know but so seldom hear. [...] 
(Source: The Pilgrimage by Paulo Coelho)


            My Tanka about Intuition

child in a puddle
watching the ripples spread out
little mind enjoying fun
reading the thoughts of a child
enjoying a puddle splash

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you Gillena, appreciate your comment. Have a nice weekend.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Yes, nothing like watching a child jumping in a puddle, you can read their thought's by just watching there reactions. Have a nice week.

      Delete