Sunday, November 11, 2018

#Alphabet Haiku: This Week - Letter S - Scorpion





#Alphabet Haiku Challenge or AHC
 Alphabet Haiku, is a Weekly Challenge of Abigail Gronway, this week it is the letter (S)

surveys seriously 
show some scorpions species 
survive starvation

  • Every word in the haiku must begin with the same letter.
  • When written in English, it generally follows the syllabic pattern 5-7-5
  • Haiku/Senryu Poetry – Here is an in-depth description of Haiku/Senryu Poem (also called human haiku) is an unrhymed Japanese verse consisting of three unrhymed lines of five, seven, and five syllables (5, 7, 5) or 17 syllables in all. Senryu is usually written in the present tense and only references to some aspect of human nature or emotions. They possess no references to the natural world and thus stand out from nature/seasonal haiku.

Copyright © 2018 Elsie Hagley

3 comments:

  1. So I found you here, dear Elsie. I have seen many scorpions walking majestically crossing the road. I find them fascinating. Nice Haiku.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is my Blog post but I seldom write here anything new just copy and paste from wordpress. http://indumukho.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great flow through the 3 lines, this works extremely well. Although I have an aversion to scorpions, I can appreciate their place in many ecosystems.

    ReplyDelete